10 Simple Ways to Attract Prosperity
“When your desires are strong enough you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.” You have “superhuman powers,” make sure you use them! – Napoleon Hill
- Be Clear About What You Want - What would your life look like if you had all that you wanted? Sometimes in the midst of struggling with what we DON'T want in our life, we forget to ask this question.
- Listen to Your "Inner Prosperity Guide" - Your Intuition - Pay attention to what your intuition is telling you and act on its wisdom. I define intuition as "when you know something, but you don't know how you know it." Intuition provides quick and ready insight. It may come to you through a feeling, an emotion, a gut sense, a voice or a nudge to take a certain path of action in your life. It may lead you to new work, the right contacts for your business, or a book to read that opens a door to greater abundance.
- Use Positive Prosperity Statements - Clarify and write down your goals, visions and dreams. Write a short positive statement that sums up your goal. Here are two examples: "I easily attract $_______ a month/year." "Money flows easily into my life as I do what I love." Say the affirmative statement several times a day.
- Visualize Your Goal - Imagine what it would be like to have your goal. Are there one or two "snapshots" you can create in your mind of having the prosperity you desire?
- Pray and Meditate - Ask for guidance from God (Universal Mind, Higher Power). State your intentions and ask for help if you're having difficulties. Spend time each day meditating or simply imagining you’re self in the flow of Spirit. Listen for God's wisdom.
- Take Action - "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway!" - Goethe wrote, "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." Making any change in your life often feels uncomfortable at first. Continue to take action. Small steps count. Put the energy to create new things in your life out into the world. The Universe will respond!
- Mind Your Thoughts - Listen to what you tell yourself about your life situation. Pay special attention to your beliefs about money. If you find you have pessimistic or negative beliefs about money ask yourself, "What's another way of thinking about this?" or "What do I want to create in my life?" Would you rather be right or would you rather be happy?
- Understand That Life Has Ups and Downs - Life doesn't always go in a straight line even when you're doing everything "right." Just as nature has seasons, cycles, ebbs and flows, so does your life. Learn to recognize and optimize them. There may be a time for action, networking, promoting, taking classes, giving talks, creating business. There may also be a period of time when you feel the need for introspection, dreaming, writing in your journal or meditating. All of these times have a gift in them for helping you create the life you chose.
- Separate Yourself from Things That Drain You - Negative people and situations can hold us back, bring us down and immobilize us. Is there a client that takes too much of your energy for the money you receive? Is there so much clutter in your life that it's difficult to organize yourself to do your best? Somerset Maugham once said, "It's a funny thing about life. If you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it."
- Discover Your Passion and Do That - What's fun for you? What do you feel excited about? These are some of the ways your intuition informs you about your purpose in life. Can't figure out how to make a living out of it? I've found that when you start taking steps towards your passion in life, the Universe opens doors you never imagined were there. What would you do if you knew you wouldn't fail?